Tikkun Olam (repairing the world)
Our congregation provides its members with many opportunities for social action. Programs include:
• Nicaragua work trip for teens
• Family work trips in the New York Metropolitan area
• Providing holiday and other meals for those in need
• Sheltering and feeding the homeless of Northern Westchester
• Raising money for local organizations
• Hands on tzedakah programs through our religious school and early childhood center
• Midnight Runs
• Greening project
Our 2014-2015 Initiatives can be found here.
Temple Shaaray Tefila is a community partner with the Community Center of Northern Westchester. The Community Center of Northern Westchester seeks to improve the well-being and self-sufficiency of neighbors in need in Northern Westchester by providing food, clothing, programs, and other resources. We are committed to treating all with dignity and respect. We encourage broad involvement and participation by residents and organizations in the communities we serve. More information can be found here.
Every month, we will be knitting baby blankets and lap blankets to donate to various charities. Experienced knitters or those who want to learn are welcome. Contact Karen Lieberman or 914-234-0175.
Get involved and become a part of HELPING HANDS, the Social Action Task Force. If you are interested in helping and would like to be on the mailing list, please let them know. If you have suggestions for projects in your neighborhood, send them.