Prayer at Temple Shaaray Tefila
Temple Shaaray Tefila is a Reform congregation with a traditional spirit. Our worship services encompass a wide range of spiritual experiences, with an emphasis on engaging music, inspiring speakers, and community prayer. Our Rabbis lead us in joyful prayer in so many special settings: in our beautiful sanctuary, outside on our extraordinary grounds, at Caramoor for the High Holy Days, and in families’ homes for more intimate Shabbat services. Our goal is for everyone to find inspirational prayer in a meaningful setting.
- First Fridays – Tot Shabbat 6 pm – followed by pizza dinner (open to all)
- First Fridays — Friday Night Live 7:30 pm with special instrumental ensemble
- Second Fridays – Family service 7:30 pm in Sanctuary with special music by Kenny Green and the Junior Choir. Often preceded by a religious school dinner
- Second Fridays – Alternative service at 7:30 pm in the Jewish Heritage Center
- Third Fridays – Community Shabbat service at 7:30 pm
- Fourth Fridays – Choir Shabbat 7:30 pm with music led by our adult volunteer choir (new singers always welcome!)
- Saturday minyan – Held at 9 am as part of Torah study
- Saturday Shabbat services – 10 am and 5 pm (depending on B’nai Mitzvah schedule)
We hold multi-faceted congregational holiday celebrations for:
- Simchat Torah
- Thanksgiving (interfaith service)
Each holiday has its own unique blend of spiritual and celebratory experiences for congregants of all ages.
High Holy Days
The congregration’s High Holy Day worship is held at the Caramoor International Music Festival site in Katonah, about 10 minutes from the Temple. Traditional, alternative, and family worship options are available.